Prostate Gland Influence on Male Health
Male reproductive function depends on the whole state of male health and environmental factors. For example, every doctor does say that erection depends on the prostate gland health:
- Its cells produce liquid, which forms a growth medium for the sperm increasing their motility;
- During the sexual intercourse, prostatic fluid protects the sperm from harmful influence of acid environment of the female vagina;
- Prostatic gland takes part in the ejaculation in the moment of orgasm.
It is no surprise that erectile dysfunction and prostatitis are interrelated. That’s why every sign of prostatitis should be the reason to visit a doctor.
The most notable symptoms of prostatitis are:
- Pain feelings in the perineum, penis and groin;
- Tingle and burning in the urethra;
- Painful and difficult urination;
- Urinary frequency.
As for erectile dysfunction on the background of prostatitis, it has the following manifestations:
- Painful ejaculation;
- Decreased duration of sexual intercourse;
- Decreased sexual appetite;
- Decreased sensitivity during coitus;
- Premature or retarded ejaculation.
Erectile disorder due to prostatitis negatively affects the self-awareness of a man who begins to suffer from his ability to satisfy a woman. Repeated failures in bed resemble a “vicious circle”: each new fiasco exacerbates the problem at a subconscious level, the sexual act frightens a man with failure, because of which male power is lost. A persistent depression develops.
Potency Recovery on the Back of Prostatitis
Fortunately, erectile dysfunction on the back of prostatitis responds to treatment. But all patients have to remember that only specialists can assign a therapy on the basis of patient examination and test results. In some cases the help of behavioural therapist is needed but primary care involves pharmaceutical treatment:
- Antibiotics of a wide spectrum – for the treatment of chronic inflammation;
- Anti-inflammatory, anti spasmodic, analgesic medicine – to eliminate unpleasant symptoms;
- Hormonal preparations – with severe lesions of glandular tissues;
- Vitamin complexes and supplements.
PDE5 inhibitors, for example, Cialis – to normalize blood circulation in the penis. This medication really provides a desired effect but it would be wrong to refuse taking other medications. Cialis is not a specific drug for the prostatitis treatment; it is only one of the components in the properly selected treatment regimen, which is ordered individually in each case by the urologist.
Besides, stimulation of the prostate and physiotherapy (electrophoresis, hydrotherapy, mud therapy, phonophoresis, inductothermy, and laser therapy) are necessary to provide successful results.
As in the case of other problems with male reproductive health, it’s better to avert prostatitis and erectile dysfunction than to treat them, though it’s quite possible. So, all the men should follow some rules:
- live an active lifestyle;
- avoid undercooling;
- keep a healthy diet;
- visit an urologist and have medical checks 1-2 times a year;
- do not smoke, take drugs and drink too much alcohol;
- live a regular sexual life with a regular sexual partner.